Monday, April 19, 2010

April 19, 2010 - Gar


Gar

There is no letter equivalent for Gar

There is no rune poem for Gar. It is a Northumbrian rune.

Today’s rune is Gar. It is amusing, because I was thinking about Gar last night, before I fell asleep. I was think about the blank slate quality that Gar seems to express to me. It is empty, and yet full. In the sense that it is Ginnugagap and yet, also Yggdrasil, the void and the World Tree, in it’s emptiness, it can have everything, but by being everything it loses nothing.

Whenever I draw Gar for the daily rune, I notice that I seem to have unusual luck. Unusual, because it is unexpected and often arises out of the most obscure corners. It doesn’t even come out something forgotten, that has been left alone, but really just out of nowhere, something beneficial will happen. It feels like Gar is showing an open door, but where it leads you can never know until you pass through.
There is also a quality to Gar that I can only express as being similar in sense to the qabalistic concept of that which precedes Kether; Ain, Ain Soph, and Ain Soph Aur. It is the forces which precede all of manifestation, that are without any quality that men, Gods or any other being can perceive. It is that quality which makes it blank, the negation of everything, including negation.

No comments:

Post a Comment