Tuesday, April 20, 2010

April 20, 2010 - Gebo


Gebo

Gebo is the letter G

Anglo-Saxon Rune Poem (from ragweedforge.com)

Generosity brings credit and honour, which support one's dignity;
it furnishes help and subsistenceto all broken men who are devoid of aught else.

Gebo, the rune of Gifts, Generosity, and Partnership is the rune for today. Thinking about Gebo causes me to ponder where I need to be generous, and where I might have potential to gain gifts. It also makes me ponder partnership. All types of interactions with people is partnership, a coming together of people where an understanding or contract, whether written, spoken, or assumed, comes into play. Whether it is the social contract of proper business attire and etiquette, to the intimate agreement of people coming together in romance or passion, to the exchange of a worshipper making offerings to the Powers that be, whether for blessings already given, or for gifts that are being sought. It is all of these exchanges that Gebo points to. It is when the contract is broken that problems arise.

I have a lot of partnerships in my life. From how I relate to my progenitors, to my siblings, employers, friends, and potential areas of business engagement, right now partnership seems to be the driving force in my life, and possibly for this year. Through partnership, I can improve, if I honor those commitments, and give and receive ethically with all those I am partnering with.

No comments:

Post a Comment