Friday, April 23, 2010

April 23, 2010 - Cweorth


Cweorth

Cweorth is the letter Q

There is no rune poem for Qweorth. It is a Northumbrian Rune.
Qweorth, the fire-twirl, the sacred fire is the rune for today. Friday’s for me tend to be a pretty significant day for Qweorth. Friday is when I make offerings to my spiritual allies and Gods, thanking them for their blessings, and for the challenges they place before me. This typically involves a lot of candles, some for the Gods, some for the ancestors, some for the spirits and wights who I work with. As the fire consumes the wick and candle, it is a way for me to send my gratitude to them, along with the smell of burning incense, and a final candle, a spell for love (it’s Friday, I am not going to ignore the energies that are there). So the sacred fire is everywhere in my home today, with tea lights, offertory candles, smoking incense sticks, and other fires I maybe feeding. A sign that offerings are recognized, being consumed by the flame, are also accepted.

No comments:

Post a Comment