Sunday, February 21, 2010

February 21 - February 27 Thurisaz


Thurisaz Reversed

Thurisaz is the sound “th” (like think or thorn)

Anglo-Saxon Rune Poem (from ragweedforge.com)

The thorn is exceedingly sharp,
an evil thing for any knight to touch,uncommonly severe on all who sit among them

This weeks rune is Thurisaz, ie the thorn. In this case, the thorn is reversed, in a sense pointing outward rather then inward. My own meditation on this indicates that it is that power, severe, dangerous, sharp and deadly which is acting on events outside of myself. Rather then me having to deal with the thorns that I have gotten myself into, I am one of the few sitting in a safe place, perhaps surrounded by them, but distant, not among them. Rather, it is my sense that I am watching others struggle with challenges and rough times as they work their way through the briar patch.

No comments:

Post a Comment