Wednesday, August 18, 2010

August 18, 2010 - Aesc reversed




Aesc reversed

Aesc is the dipthong “ae”

Anglo-Saxon Rune Poem (from ragweedforge.com)

The ash is exceedingly high and precious to men.
With its sturdy trunk it offers a stubborn resistance,though attacked by many a man.

The rune for today is almost comical to me, in light of my experience while doing my spiritual disciplines this morning. Moving from my meditation, I felt the strong desire to visit the Runatyr, mainly because I felt this intuition to pull out a red candle, carve the complete Futhorc into it, dressing with one of my all purposes condition oils, and light it. Wondering why I got this instruction, I sought out the Allfather, to ask, and see. Well, it’s always good to give the rune wights some love (and payment) but I also got a flash of inspiration as well, I think for paying a visit and my respects, and following the impulse I was given. In that sense, Aesc reversed speaks to power of the Gods and wights, coming down, making themselves known, and how to go about directing that power that they gift you with. As I think of the Aesc (the ash tree) as being a symbol of the Upper Realms, when it is reversed, it is the power of those realms being poured forth in very précise ways. It also points to that during the night I was having a series of vivid dreams, that occurred one after the other. This almost never happens to me, but when it does, it feels like a floodgate has been opened.

No comments:

Post a Comment