Tuesday, July 27, 2010

July 27, 2010 - Laguz reversed


Laguz reversed

Laguz is the letter L

Anglo-Saxon Rune Poem (from ragweedforge.com)

The ocean seems interminable to men,
if they venture on the rolling barkand the waves of the sea terrify themand the courser of the deep heed not its bridle

Last week, some neighbors with whom I am friends, had another friend move in, as he has just relocated from Florida back to California. The friend is a Santero and Vodouisant and involved with people down in Miami. We were talking one night as I cam home from my grove’s full moon ritual, and he went and got me his copy of Maya Deren’s Divine Horseman: The Living Gods of Haiti. I have to say, it’s a wonderful book. Reading it is great, and very involving. What does this have to do with Laguz reversed. Well, in the book, she talks about the abyssal waters, to which the spirits seem to go, and are also called back from, sometimes. When I pulled Laguz reversed today, my first thought was descending into those deep waters, where it is cool and dark and relatively still. In these deep waters, souls can rest, but also wait, to hear the call that will bring them back to the warm, dry land above. Much as laguz reversed appears to be a vector arrow pointing down, sometimes it is in the depths that one will find what is sought.

No comments:

Post a Comment