Tuesday, June 29, 2010

June 29, 2010 - Dagaz


Dagaz

Dagaz is the letter D

Anglo-Saxon Rune Poem (from ragweedforge.com)

Day, the glorious light of the Creator, is sent by the Lord;
it is beloved of men, a source of hope and happiness to rich and poor,and of service to all.


You might have noticed that I have not been posting comments with some of my rune of the day posts. I felt that I should keep some of my contemplations and musings to myself regarding what was going, as the messages coming through seemed intensely personal and private. I did post the runes themselves, as a means to share, and also allow my readers (all 11 of you, yay!) to have their own contemplations. Today still has a personal feeling to it, but I can share some of the thoughts with you all. Part of my understanding of Dagaz is that it is the rune that symbols change and transformation, or rather transmutation. While it is the day, it also encompasses the idea of Dawn and Sunrise, when the world quickens and changes, embracing new things, or for some being rudely awakened to things that one would rather ignore or just not deal with. Each day brings change, and change is what allows things to transform, transmute, and alter. It is, in a sense, a very alchemical rune, in the sense that by bringing in changes, the work progresses, and transformation of the base substance is continued until it becomes the lapis occultus, or Philsophers’ Stone.
Sometimes, the smallest and simplest of actions, can yield the most profund of transformations.

No comments:

Post a Comment