Wednesday, March 17, 2010

March 17, 2010 - Aethel


Aethel

Aethel is the sound “ah-eh”

Anglo-Saxon Rune Poem (from ragweedforge.com)

An estate is very dear to every man,
if he can enjoy there in his housewhatever is right and proper in constant prosperity

Aethel translates to estate, usually with the connotation of family-owned property that is passed down as inheritance.
Aethel is a rune of ancestry, but also inheritance. It is genetic inheritance, as well as financial inheritance, but also spiritual gifts as well. It also is an indicator of the home, and issues around the home. Depending upon other runes in a reading, it might show blessings, conflict or other issues that are happening in the home. It might also call to focus your energies around the home. Cleaning, decorating, repairing or just enjoying your time in that personal space is what you need.
For me personally, as I glanced at the stanza of the rune poem, it immediately became clear, that it was more of reference of me being alone in my home, as the members that I had been sharing the home with are momentarily gone. So now I can enjoy in my own home whatever is right and proper for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment