Wednesday, February 17, 2010

February 17, 2010 - Os reversed


Os Reversed

Os is the vowel O (like show)

Anglo-Saxon Rune Poem (from ragweedforge,com)

The mouth is the source of all language,
a pillar of wisdom and a comfort to wise men,a blessing and a joy to every knight.

Os translates to the word Mouth. You know, that thing you speak with and put food into and stuff.

Esoterically it is a symbol of communication, and in this case, difficulties with communication. Messages are garbled, expression is vague, maybe you will or have lost your voice or have a sore throat. One could also see this as affecting communications technology as well, but it could also point to challenges communicating with the other worlds as well, in both directions. Perhaps the words are not coming to you, or you aren’t feeling the inspired speech flow because there is temporary spiritual blockage

I also see it as the rune of Odhinn. Of course, this is a kind of a big thing to me, because last week I finished an extended meditation and working with the runes, one that took me more then half of a year (about 40 weeks) and so during that time I was making simple offerings to Odhinn, for aid and for gratitude. I thought I was done. Apparently not. So I went and bought more beer for All-father. I know I will come back again, asking for more, but for the time being, I need to focus on something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment