Friday, February 12, 2010

February 12, 2010


Gebo

Gebo is the letter G

Anglo-Saxon Rune Poem (from ragweedforge.com)

Generosity brings credit and honour, which support one's dignity;
it furnishes help and subsistenceto all broken men who are devoid of aught else.

I guess I didn’t enter into a new phase, or maybe the continuining lesson, challenge and blessings of Gebo are presenting themselves to me. Amusing enough, last night a friend posted a link to a video interview of a man known as Hakim Bey. It was filmed in May 2009, but he was extrapolating on the disintegration of community and connection, particularly within the United States, and therefore the creation of intentional communities as “communities of resistance.” A very Gebo related concept on the large scale, where many people come together, form a compact of obligation and commitment to each other, exchange their gifts to build that community and continue to work and live in it. He had some other interesting concepts that he put forth, but it was very in tune with the Gebo.
I also get a daily sun sign horoscope delivered to my email, more for fun and the occasional insights then anything actually have to do with serious astrology. It has a buzz word that popped out to me, of relying on my “generous” open-minded optimism. Generous huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment