Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Internet Duties and Runic communion

I recently took up being a moderator for a group on Tribe.net called Runestar. I am not sure what happened to the original moderator, but they didn't have one, so I figured, what the hay, why not?

As tribe.net has been sketchy alot over the past year, I think alot of people have stopped checking there. I haven't given up on it yet, but I figure someday it will just disappear. Which will make me sad, as it was a pretty interesting place, for the most part.

In other news, I had a fascinating idea. As a way to ever more develop my connection with the runes, I had this idea. Runic "prayer" beads. I don't necessarily think that they are praying, but using them as a device say, when doing simple chant style galdr or singing rune names as a means to practice connect and develop would be an interesting way to go about that. It could also be useful as magic as well, using repetitions of specific galdr as a means to set forces into action. I think I might have to go out and make one now.

No comments:

Post a Comment